5 Tips to Beat COVID Depression, Stress & Anxiety
AssociatesMD is ready to help you through the underlying crisis of COVID-19
COVID-19 related depression, stress and anxiety may be something you are struggling with right now, especially as South Florida continues to deal with unprecedented transmission spikes throughout the state. While the COVID-19 pandemic looms large, your physicians at AssociatesMD are here to help you deal with the physical and mental health effects of this unprecedented pandemic. You do not need to travel this difficult personal journey alone.
As the COVID-19 march continues here in South Florida, you may be thinking, “What can I do to help myself through this crisis?” AssociatesMD suggests: Be kind to yourself, learn to quiet your mind, and practice some new self-care routines for improved physical and mental wellbeing.
Here’s 5 COVID-19 coping tips:
- If you feel that familiar twinge of anxiety knocking at your mind, stop and take 10 calming, complete breathes, in and out. Try closing your eyes and imagine the most serene place you have ever visited. Listen as your mind settles.
- Ask yourself if you have had enough COVID news coverage for the day and simply stop flooding your mind with any more daily data. Turn it off, stop reading, and stop listening to the explosion of anxiety producing news reports.
- Me Time. Yes, this is not a selfish act. It is a wonderful and caring self-preservation choice. Consider taking the time for adequate sleep and consistent exercise. If it helps, calendar your sleep time: set a phone alarm for nighttime lights off, and again for waking. Do the same for an exercise schedule. What other ways can you incorporate “me time” into your day to ensure self-care?
- Reach Out. You know the 1967 song, “Hello, It’s Me.” Yes, reach out. Starting with a simple “hello” may benefit you and others. There are many ways to do this. Use your smartphone, computer, or tablet – with Zoom and Facetime and other communication platforms. Call someone you haven’t connected with in a while. It will brighten their day, and perhaps their outlook on life, too.
- Ask for Help. Your trusted physicians at AssociatesMD are here to help you navigate your health care journey. Physical health and mental health are closely aligned with our overall health.* If you have delayed seeking care, please know that we have reimaged our patient visit experience, both in-office and virtually, making safe care our top priority and commitment to you!
*Physical health issues can lead to an increased risk of developing mental health outcomes like stress, anxiety and depression. Conversely, mental health issues may negatively impact your physical health, leading to an increased risk of some pre-diagnosed health problems and even yet to diagnosed health issues.
Please activate #4 above – and Reach Out to your AssociatesMD physicians today. Arrange for the care you need without delay. You may also schedule a COVID-19 nasal swab test. AssociatesMD Drive-Thru COVID-19 Testing is available for everyone (with or without symptoms) to better protect themselves, their families, and our community during this global public health pandemic emergency.
Ready to see your physician, or are you new to our practice? Click AssociatesMD Appointment to schedule an office or virtual appointment. Your wellness journey is our journey, too. Call us to connect at 1-844-954-DOCS.
For more than 20 years, AssociatesMD medical group’s multi-specialty physicians have cared for patients in locations throughout Broward with unwavering compassion and uncompromised dedication to excellence. AssociatesMD medical group has expanded its virtual visits, helping patients access virtual care as an easy, personalized, and cost effective way to receive timely access to quality tele-healthcare delivery from physicians known for their innovative care and dedication to excellence. https://associatesmd.com