A large primary care group located in Davie, FL is seeking an experienced Phone/Customer Service/Switchboard Operator to join our fast-paced and growing practice. You will be expected to provide outstanding customer service to patients by working independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment. You will act as a bridge for communications to our facility; therefore, the successful candidate will demonstrate competency answering multiple phone lines, connecting to the appropriate department using direct connect, paging, call parking, voicemail or written message. This is a full-time position with salary and full benefits.
Major Job Responsibilities:
- Answer incoming calls and directing to the appropriate department.
- Communicating doctor “On Call” schedules / changes to answering service at the end of the day.
- Distribute phone messages to appropriate department in a timely manner.
- Complete various tasks as assigned by the front office and billing manager.
- Deal with the public in a courteous and compassionate manner.
- Display excellent phone etiquette.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Sitting for long periods of time is required.
- Ability to reach by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction.
- Finger dexterity required to manipulate phone, headset and keyboard.
- Vision and hearing within normal parameters to perform job requirements.
- Occasional pressure due to multiple telephone calls/lines.
- Proficient user and knowledge of business phone etiquette.
- Must develop knowledge of the Practice, its general operations/specialties in order to effectively respond to incoming calls and to route them properly.
- Able to operate basic office equipment, such as telephones, computers, copy and fax machines.
- Effective communication with physicians, patients, public and co-workers is required.
- One year experience working with multiple phone lines required Past medical practice experience a plus.
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish strongly preferred
- High school or equivalent