Due to Coronavirus (COVID-19) AssociatesMD has taken proactive approaches in order to ensure the safety and health of our patients and team members.
Telemedicine Appointments now available from the safety of your home.
Please avoid coming to the offices if you:
- Experiencing Symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat)
- If you are a high risk patient: 65 years or older, Blood disorders, such as sickle cell disease or taking blood thinners, Chronic kidney disease, as defined by your doctor, Chronic liver disease, as defined by your doctor, compromised immune system, including undergoing cancer treatment such as chemotherapy or radiation, having received an organ or bone marrow transplant, or taking high doses of corticosteroids or other immunosuppressant medications, and HIV or AIDS, current or recent pregnancy in the last two weeks, endocrine disorders, such as diabetes, metabolic disorders, heart disease, lung disease, including asthma, neurological and neurologic and neurodevelopment conditions.
- All of our offices remain open, however we have set up CHECKPOINT screening outside of each office in order to ensure the safety and health of our patients and staff.
- Checkpoint screening: fever will be taken, health questionnaire, travel questionnaire
- All patients that pass the checkpoint screening will be provided a Surgical Mask to wear at all times as well as a One Page handout on helpful information on COVID-19
- Please refrain from bringing anyone with you to your appointment as they will not be allowed in the office unless they are a care taker or parent/guardian
- If for some reason you do not meet the criteria above, DON’T WORRY! You will be asked to return to your car where you can have your appointment via Telemedicine. It is easy and we will help you. Please click here to find out more.
We thank you for your understanding and we hope that you and your loved ones are safe and healthy. Please continue to monitor our website, facebook, instagram, youtube, social media pages, and CDC for more updates and helpful information on COVID-19 as we continue to monitor and update our community.
*AssociatesMD is continuing to do blood work / labs in-house with a limited schedule, please call us for more information. Quest and LabCorp still remain open for appointments but with certain guidelines.