Driving-Thru the Future of COVID-19 Testing
AssociatesMD Opens Drive-Thru Nasal Swab Testing Site, Starts May 4, 2020
Taking a page from the 1989 movie classic Driving Miss Daisy, AssociatesMD starts Monday, May 4, 2020 with our own “driving classic” by offering Drive-Thru COVID-19 Testing using nasal swap testing. AssociatesMD is pleased to provide this crucial service knowing that is vital for everyone in our community to have access to testing to better protect themselves, their families, and our community during this global public health pandemic emergency.
Here’s what AssociatesMD wants you to know:
Why the drive for Nasal Swab Testing?
First implemented in South Korea and adopted by many countries around the globe, Drive-Thru COVID-19 Testing using nasal swab testing is an efficient and safe way to test potentially sick patients in their cars to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19. Drive-thru testing is available to those with and without symptoms.
How long will it take?
- The actual test is quick, about 5-10 minutes.
- A medical worker will collect 1-2 samples from you with a nasal swab.
- The sample(s) are then sent to a lab for testing.
- Follow-up test results and COVID-19 education should be available within 48 to 72 hours.
- For more detailed information visit the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) for Interim Guidelines for Collecting, Handling, and Testing Clinical Specimens from Persons for Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19).
You’re ready to take the drive – now what?
- You will need a prescription. This is easy. Just give us a call at 1-844-954-3627.
- A compassionate AssociatesMD professional is ready to help you.
- You will be provided with an appointment for an AssociatesMD TeleMed™ visit with one of our trusted physicians.
- Then, you will be given an appointment time at our AssociatesMD COVID-19 Cypress Creek testing site, 2122 NW 62nd St., Fort Lauderdale 33309.
- Please wear a protective facemask to your appointment.
Will this test determine if I have had COVID-19 in the past?
The nasal swab test determines if you currently have COVID-19 and does not provide antibody blood testing to assess if you had a previous infection with the virus in the past. Antibody blood tests, also called serologic tests, check your blood by looking for antibodies, which show if you had a previous infection with the virus. Depending on when someone was infected and the timing of the test, the test may not find antibodies in someone with a current COVID-19 infection. For more information visit:
- CDC Antibody Testing
What is the cost?
There are no out of pocket costs. AssociatesMD accepts all forms of insurance coverage for the telemedicine visit and Drive-Thru COVID-19 Testing, including Medicare and uninsured coverage through the CARES Act.*
What are the testing hours?
The AssociatesMD Drive-Thru COVID-19 testing site hours are Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Your trusted physicians at AssociatesMD know these unprecedented times are challenging. Your health remains our number one priority and we are steadfast in our commitment to you, our valued patient. Let us know how we may help you. Call us to connect at 1-844-954-3627.
For more than 20 years, AssociatesMD medical group’s multi-specialty physicians have cared for patients in locations throughout Broward with unwavering compassion and uncompromised dedication to excellence. AssociatesMD, now provides telemedicine - virtual care for easy, personalized, cost effective, and timely access to quality healthcare -- AssociatesMD TeleMed™
Antibody blood tests, also called serologic tests, check your blood by looking for antibodies, which show if you had a previous infection with the virus. Depending on when someone was infected and the timing of the test, the test may not find antibodies in someone with a current COVID-19 infection.